Reply To: Jetpack Carousel in Magazine Top Content Sidebar, images are too small

NapitWPTech Theme Support Forums The NewsMag Jetpack Carousel in Magazine Top Content Sidebar, images are too small Reply To: Jetpack Carousel in Magazine Top Content Sidebar, images are too small

jamminjames
Participant

Here’s an interesting thing I found. When looking at the Image Info (right-click, View Image Info), it shows for the location this: https://i1.wp.com/www.editorialandpoliticalcartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/trump-as-goldfinger.jpg?fit=1200%2C989&w=265

The images are 265 pixels wide. That’s not even one of the standard image sizes we have set up in WordPress, which are 150, 400 and 1024. It does not say the image is scaled down, so Jetpack (or your theme?) seems to be creating a new image just for this. I looked at their Carousel php & js files, and they seem to be set up to look for the best size to fit the carousel, so I don’t understand. The carousel on this page is 790 pixels wide at full size.

If I had to guess, I’d say the ‘i1.wp.com’ preface to the url address is associated with their Photon service, but as I said, I turned that off and cleared caches, both on the site and for my browser. Perhaps it will take a while longer for the service to be shut off on their end, I don’t know.