Featured image ruins post display

NapitWPTech Theme Support Forums The NewsMag Featured image ruins post display

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bishal Napit 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

John6155
    Participant

Hi Bishal, and other users, I like the theme and believe it will do the job for me. However I am only a beginner and I am still in the “checking it out stage”.

So here is my first problem – the featured image on posts (not sure about pages as I haven’t checked there yet). When I include a featured image it changes how the post is displayed – pushes the comments speech bubble to the right top side of the post and places a semi-transparent blue bar over it. As well it also puts a blue bar over the post title and that bar runs right across the featured image??

I am including a screen shot with both featured image and without image:

Thank you for your time.

Post with and without featured image

John6155
    Participant

Well I did put a link to a screen shot in that post using img but it hasn’t shown up – will try again with link;
    Post with and without featured image

That worked.

Bishal Napit
    Keymaster

@john6155

I have designed the theme in the same way, which you have reported to me. Can you be sure on this? And, could you tell about how you want it to get presented so that I may provide you the necessary solution on the issue more easily?

Thanks.
    Bishal Napit

John6155
    Participant

Hi Bishal, thanks for your reply – and now I am a little embarrassed for asking that question.

My main concern was that the blue bar runs across the lower portion of the featured image (the right hand image in the “Post with and without featured image” link in above post) which just doesn’t look right to me.

For me it would look better if the blue bar sat below the image rather than on it, but this would push the post’s text further down from the image so I think the easiest solution for me would be to make the blue bar transparent – if you could help me do that it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time Bishal and have a good day,
    John M.

Bishal Napit
    Keymaster

@john6155

If you want to move that title part of the posts out of the featured image then, you can try the below CSS code in the Additional CSS Box provided via the Customizer Options and check:-

.has-post-thumbnail .entry-title {
    	position: relative;
    	width: 100%;
    	max-width: 100%;
    	bottom: 0;
    	padding: 0;
    	margin: 10px 0px;
    	background: transparent;
    }
    .has-post-thumbnail .entry-title a {
    	color: #222;
    }

And to make the blue background of the post title change its color, then, you can try the below CSS code in the Additional CSS Box provided via the Customizer Options and check:-

.has-post-thumbnail .entry-title {
    	background: transparent;
    }

And after applying the just above CSS code to remove the blue background color behind post title, if the post title is not readable properly, then, you can try the below CSS code in the Additional CSS Box provided via the Customizer Options to change the post title color:-

.has-post-thumbnail .entry-title a {
    	color: #222;
    }

Hope these works.

If you like the theme and appreciate the work put on the theme, then, you can help by rating this theme through this link here: https://wordpress.org/support/view/theme-reviews/the-newsmag

Thanks.
    Bishal Napit

John6155
    Participant

Hi Bishal, sorry I took so long to get back to this.

I had a quick try with those codes and they don’t quite do it. But that is ok, those code lines have given me some incite in to the programing and should help me in any case.

Also I went to your demo sight again and realised that if the featured image is a reasonable size then the blue bar looks fine – as if it belongs there.

Sorry to trouble you and thank you very much for your time,

John M.

PS. I will head over to the review page and certainly give you a good rating.

Bishal Napit
    Keymaster

@john6155

Do let me know if there are any further query regarding to the theme. And thank for for reviewing this theme in the WordPress theme directory, it is really appreciated. And if you want to know about the recommended image size for this theme, then it is 800px * 600px.

Thanks.
    Bishal Napit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.