Issues with Template

NapitWPTech Theme Support Forums The NewsMag Issues with Template

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bishal Napit 5 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

All
    Participant

Mr. Bishal,

First off! Thank you for making this template, it’s beautiful. However am having difficulties making my site look like yours in the demo. I went through ALL the Forum post and found NO SOLUTIONS.

1.) I tried to get the TNM:Post Grid Widget beside the TNM:Post Slider to show those 4 pictures like on your website, however it wont show up period.
    2.) I want to add a Contact Us page via the template like you said in the Theme Documentation. “Where” and “How” do I do that.
    3.) In the theme documentation it says: “Page Template
    This theme features the option of having the Contact Page Template, from which you have the option of choosing the unique sidebar area for the Contact Pages, without the use of any of the plugin for this feature in your site.”
    4.) Where’s is the Magazine Template Option?…You specifically say:
    ” This theme also featured the option of having the Magazine Template, from which you have the option of displaying your site in the magazine or news layout to present beautifully.”
    I looked everywhere this option dont exist
    5.) How to make those post like you have below the CONTENT RIGHT SIDE BAR on your HOME Page: 1. Single Post with 5 smaller post beside it 2.) Double Column posts with 5 smaller post beside it. 3.) On your LATEST NEWS..How did you make the “READ MORE” button
    6.) Where’s the Post Format Support options located: Standard, Aside, and Video

Quote: “All of the above described till now features the option of this theme available through the Customizer Options. There are other options too available in this theme, which we will discuss below.

Page Template
    This theme features the option of having the Contact Page Template, from which you have the option of choosing the unique sidebar area for the Contact Pages, without the use of any of the plugin for this feature in your site.

This theme also featured the option of having the Magazine Template, from which you have the option of displaying your site in the magazine or news layout to present beautifully.

Post Format Support
    This theme supports all of the post format available through the WordPress. They are described below as:

Standard
    This is the post format available by default in almost all of the theme. By using this post format, all of the post content will be displayed as normal.

Aside
    By choosing this post format, the blog post as well as archive and search pages will not show the title and displays all of the content in those pages. Here is the screenshot provided for this post format:”

Could you assist me in solving said situations ASAP.

Thank You In Advance

Bishal Napit
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Here are the solutions on your queries:
    1. Can you ensure that you have added the featured images for the posts created in your site and check for the same? If that does not work out then, can you mention it properly with the link to your site as well as screenshot?

2, 3. Can you create the page in your site, via the Contact Page Template chosen for the same, ie, for that page? You can find that option in the post editor section under the Page Attributes to choose the required page template for that page.

4. Can you create the page in your site, via the Magazine Template chosen for the same, ie, for that page? You can find that option in the post editor section under the Page Attributes to choose the required page template for that page created. Hope you are clear on this.

5. First of all, can you ensure that you have the page created via the Magazine Template chosen for same and then, navigate to Appearance->Widgets section and place the required widgets bundled within the theme in the required Magazine Sidebars areas available.

6. You need to create/update the posts in your site and in the right hand side, you can find the option of Post Formats, there, you can choose the required post format for your site.

Thanks.
    Bishal Napit

All
    Participant

Mr. Bishal

I will follow the instructions then I will be back with my findings….I shall return.

Bishal Napit
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Ok. I will be waiting for the follow ups.

Thanks.
    Bishal Napit

All
    Participant

Mr. Bishal,

I’ve returned…..smile. I set up everything…However there’s this issue with the “TNM Post Grid Widget” for the “Magazine Beside Slider Sidebar.
    I tried posting screenshots of it here however it’s not working, my website url is: https://www.allinallglobal.com

You will see one of the grid squares has fallen and cant get up.

I still haven’t figured out “HOW” you made those Double Column widgets or Widgets sit side by side like that on your home about half way down. I’ve tried every widget even combinations of widgets and still haven’t found it.

The last issue is my “Contact Us” Page. I activated it in WordPress’s Attribute section as instructed. However the Contact Us Widget only shows “Contacts Us”. So I went to the WordPress’s widget section to add it there nothing there that we can add to it. You can view my page at https://www.allinallglobal.com/conatct-us

All
    Participant

Mr. Bishal,

I figured out “How” you added those Double Columns…there the TNM: POST ONE COLUMN WIDGETS. However after adding them there default settings of ” Number of posts to display: 5″ is only showing “4”….Why?

Another issue when navigated to my ” Latest News” Page to change my widgets they change everywhere instead of JUST on that Page. Could you share with me How to fix ALL of these issues.

Thank You In Advance

Bishal Napit
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Regarding the first issue, the featured image size for those posts seems to be coming up smaller than the recommended one. So, can you upload the featured images of the posts in your site of size 800px * 600px or greater than that one and check for the same? And regarding the screenshot, you can provide the url to screenshot in the forum thread.

Also, I could see that every widget added in your site is displaying 5 posts within it. So, can you check on that once and confirm?

The contact us page in your site seems to be displaying the page not found error. Also, via using this page template for the page in your site, you can add the widgets in the Contact Page Sidebar area to make the sidebar display unique widgets for the page created with the contact page template.

And lastly, if you are referring to display unique widget per pages created in your site then, can you follow this link: https://napitwptech.com/tutorial/wordpress-dashboard/display-different-widgets-per-different-pages/ for the same?

Thanks.
    Bishal Napit

All
    Participant

Mr. Bishal,

This links topic is about using Jetpack plugin “Appearance” to display different widgets per pages which is no longer available in the newer version.

Could you share with me another way of completing this idea.
    Plus!…How did you add Google CAPTCHA to your Contact Us Page.

Bishal Napit
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Then, can you try out this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-options/ available via the WordPress plugin directory and check for the same?

And for the Google Captcha issue, can you follow this link: https://contactform7.com/recaptcha/ and manage accordingly?

If you like the theme and appreciate the work put on the theme, then, you can help by rating this theme through this link here: https://wordpress.org/support/view/theme-reviews/the-newsmag

Thanks.
    Bishal Napit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.